Sunday, April 27, 2008

Monday: Argentina's Luisa Valenzuela at Chapman

Noted novelist and short story writer Luisa Valenzuela, author of Other Weapons, Strange Things Happen Here: Twenty-six Short Stories and a Novel and The Lizard's Tail will read tonight at 7:00 pm in the Leatherby Libraries, Henley Reading Room; at Chapman University in Orange.

Admission is free and open to the public.

An excerpt from her story, "I'm Your Horse in the Night":

Beto, you know now, if it's true that they killed you, or wherever you may be, Beto, I'm your horse in the night and you can inhabit me whenever you wish, even if I'm behind bars. Beto, now that I'm in jail I know that I dreamed you that night; it was just a dream. And if by some wild chance there's a Gal Costa record and a haft-empty bottle of cachaça in my house, I hope they'll forgive me: I will them out of existence.

She's great - go.

No comments:

 
Site Meter