Tuesday, September 2, 2008

New Blog on the Block: the Book Deal

On his blog, The Book Deal, editor Alan Rinzler, profiles Tom Robbins who recently appeared at a literary seminar in San Miguel de Allende.

My high school English teacher, no doubt acting on orders from some higher authority, gave me Robbins' Even Cowgirls Get the Blues about that time that I was running away from home. It helped. I left home but I stayed in school.

Excerpt from Rinzler's post, titled, "Tom Robbins: My advice to writers":

"Stop worrying about getting published and concentrate on getting better."

He goes on from there.

To read the rest, click here.

(confession: as I read the post, I remembered why I had stopped reading Robbins over the years. Still, Rinzler's blog seems to be a fairly lively place to visit. Another tip of the hat to Frances Dinkelspiel at Ghostword. Scroll away.)

No comments:

 
Site Meter